Wednesday, June 30, 2010

From Isabel

Hi Chris,

Thank you so much for updating your blog on Todd's condition and for the facebook group. As David mentioned, I saw Todd being dragged by the car that hit him, and saw him laying on asphalt, hurting and moaning. I have never seen anything so horrible in my life. I felt that I had witnessed a crime against humanity, and I haven't stopped thinking about him ever since.

Reading about Todd has brought back the feelings of anger and despair I felt Friday. Todd seems like an amazing human being and is surrounded by people who love him dearly. This makes me feel a lot better, because I know that all this love, care, and response from our community will hopefully help him heal, both physically and emotionally.

After thinking so much about him and now reading on your blog and facebook, I almost feel like I already know him, and I truly wish him well. As David told you, we live on the corner of 13th and Quincy, and we are more than happy to help with anything he and his wife need. Please let us know how we can help (food, picking up mail, watering plants, anything!).

I'll be following his progress, and once again, from the bottom of my heart, thank you!

Isabel

1 comment:

  1. Isabel, Thank you so much for these kind words.

    You and David had a lot to do with saving Todd’s life, and helping the process of justice as well. On behalf of Todd, his family, and the community at large many thanks to you both for all you’ve done.

    I’ll keep you posted. I look forward to meeting you sometime soon in person.

    Kindly,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete